Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Deem (egg) curry

Today was possibly one of the better days I've had in the past few weeks....which is why I decided to resume blogging! I got on the shuttle wanting to come home to some yummy home cooked food.
I get home after what seemed like the longest ride of my life, I discovered the only "raw ingredient" I had in my refrigerator are eggs! So, of course, I decided to make my favorite, bangla deem curry!

You need:
4 boiled eggs : boil for 12 mins
1 onion: chopped up
2 spoons of tomatoes
Green chillies

How to cook:
Heat some oil in a pan, add jeera and some red chilli flakes.
Add onions and fry till golden brown.
Add some salt, haldi, dhanya powder, jeera powder - cook for another 5-6 mins
Add green chillies and cook for couple mins more.
Finally add the tomatoes and mix it up and cook for another couple mins.
Add some water to make gravy and put the boiled eggs cut up in halves into the mix.
Mix and cook for another minute.
Top with some coriander leaves.
......and there you go - slightly tangy, lil spicy bangla deemer curry.


No comments: